The Mini Spider is a battery-powered welding tractor designed to produce continuous fillet welds using MIG/MAG torches. The torch can be easily swapped from one side of Mini Spider to another.
*Charger sold seperately
- 4-wheel drive system with magnetic traction and a feedback loop provides highly efficient speed stabilization.
- Constant, continuous and repeatable travel speed enables weld bead geometry that is exact to the required specifications, thus reducing costly over welding and substantially decreasing filler metal usage.
- Compact and lightweight design to weld in narrow spaces
- Convenient 18 V DC battery supply* (the same battery for both Mini Spider and Gecko Battery) with an optional power supply that can be used to plug the carriage into a 110–240 V power source.
- Torch placement on left or right side
- Welding edge to edge
- Closed-loop speed control system based on electric motor with encoder – ensures increased speed accuracy
- Consistent heat input reduces distortion
- Reduces wasted filler metal – eliminates over welding
- Digital LED display for presetting of travel speed and diagnostic messages
- Low-battery indicator
- Built-in guide rollers